A reflective journal on a situation that you feel sad about being a Sri Lankan. What can I do , as a Sri Lankan to prevent that for future generations?


Reflective Journal

Description

Currently I am a student at Sri Lanka Institute of Information Technology. As a Sri Lankan student I must face lot of troublesome situations soon. In Sri Lanka it is hard to find job opportunities that matches our skills. As students if we want to go to the highest job opportunities, we must have political connections with political leaders. In Sri Lanka political leaders are corrupted ones that neglect talents and skills of employees. They do not care about skills of students that have a qualified degrees and only give valuable jobs to their closed ones. Because of that talented people in Sri Lanka leave the country and try to find jobs which matches their skills. There is no place to the new inventors in Sri Lanka. So, they sell their inventions to the other countries and leave the country. Big politicians are selling valuable resources in our country to rich countries like China, India, and America.      

Feelings

I feel sad about my country and being a Sri Lankan makes me feel sad. I think all middle class and poor people feels the same. I feel angry about politicians who make our country a miserable grave. I feel sad for the ones who lives in streets in our country. I feel sympathy about the stray dogs and cats that have not eaten for days.  

Evaluation

This is a very bad situation for all the Sri Lankans. People must never experience like this situation in Sri Lanka. Because as a student in this situation we can not achieve our dreams. We must learn for years to make an income for our families in Sri Lanka. It is not good for a human being. There are many suicide cases happened in Sri Lanka because of the pressure in our education system. Because of all these situations everyone must feel sad about being a Sri Lankan.

Analysis

I think because of the political leaders we must face these kinds of situations in Sri Lanka. They only work for their families and not doing anything for the people in our country. Because of that many poor people are suffering from hunger and pain.

Conclusion

As a Sri Lankan which grows with these situations, I can face lot of troubles without hesitating when I am in a foreign country.  

Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post